Wireless Internet access (Wi-Fi) is provided free of charge by Hiawatha Public Library for patrons who have the required hardware and software needed for this service. Use of this service is governed by Hiawatha Public Library’s Computer Use and Internet policy.
- By choosing to use this free wireless internet access (Wi-Fi) you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of this policy. In particular, you agree to use the library’s network resources only for lawful purposes.
- Wi-Fi access is provided as a free public service on an “as is” basis with no guarantee of service.
- Users are responsible for setting up their equipment to access the Library’s Wi-Fi network. The Library is not able to provide technical assistance. If you need assistance, contact the manufacturer of your laptop or software. The Library is not responsible for any changes you make to your computer’s settings.
- All Wi-Fi users should have up-to-date antivirus software installed on their computers.
- As with most public Wi-Fi networks, the Library’s wireless network is not secure. Any information transmitted (including credit card numbers, passwords, and other sensitive information) could potentially be intercepted by another computer user.
- By using this connection, patrons acknowledge that security errors and hacking are an inherent risk associated with any wireless service. For that reason, patrons expressly agree that they knowingly assume such risk, and further agree to hold the Library harmless from any claim or loss arising out of, or related to, any such instance of hacking or other unauthorized use or access into the patron’s computer.
- The Library accepts no responsibility for any software downloaded and/or installed, email opened, or sites accessed while patrons are on the wireless internet connection. Any damage done to the patron's equipment or self from viruses, identity theft, spyware, plug-ins, or other Internet-borne programs is the sole responsibility of the patron; and the patron indemnifies and holds harmless the Library from any such damage.
- Unauthorized downloading of copyrighted material(s) is strictly forbidden and will result in suspension or revocation of Library privileges and may result in a formal notification to the appropriate local law enforcement office.
- The library assumes no responsibility for damage to or loss of equipment; users must keep their equipment with them at all times.