InterLibrary Loan Policy
- Any patron with a valid, non-delinquent Metro Library Network card may request an ILL through Hiawatha Public Library regardless of where they live. The patron must use their own card when making requests.
- ILL requests may be made in person, by phone, or by email.
- There is a fee of $3.00 for each in-state ILL request. There is a $5.00 fee for out-of-state requests.
- When possible, the library may choose to purchase a requested item rather than obtain it through ILL.
- Paperbacks will not be requested from out of state in most cases.
- Patrons are charged $1.00 a day for overdue ILL materials. If the item is lost, the patron will be charged the price charged by the owning library